Sunday, September 02, 2007

My Blessing

I received a blessing from the Bishop today and it helped quite a bit. I went to talk to him and I told him that I didn't think I was going to be able to hang on much longer. I was feeling way too tempted and I was about ready to give up. I've been so frustrated lately that I was once again deciding which path to choose. During my last therapy appointment, I came to the realization that I ultimately want to choose the road to eternal happiness, which I believe is following the Church's teachings including not giving in to my same sex attraction. However, I just want one more time of the other lifestyle. One more trip to a gay bar, one more time of kissing a woman in public and having people around us stare, one more night in the bedroom, just one more. I told him that part of the problem is that since I've made lifestyle changes and have worked so hard, satan has tried SOOOO much harder on me. I told him that I sometimes felt like giving in just so he would leave me alone. So, he gave me a blessing.

The blessing stated that I would receive strength. He rebuked the adversary and said that his power to bring me temptations would be weakened. He said that those around me would stand in the way of his attempts. The people would not know that they were being moved by the Spirit, but they would be an aid to me. I was told that Father was very proud of the choices I've made and how hard I have worked. He said that I would be blessed for talking to my Bishop. He said that it was a necessary thing in order for the Father to bestow all the strength and help that He wanted to upon me. He told me to come up with a plan in my mind of how to resist temptation when it is placed before me so that when the temptations arise, I will be prepared and know exactly what to say. I was also advised to sup from the scriptures each day, even if it is only for a short period of time so that I can claim that blessing from the Father as well.

I already feel like my burden is lighter. I feel more at peace. I feel soooooo much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home