Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The meeting from H E double hockey sticks

I haven't spelled it like that in a long time.

We had a meeting Monday that went MUCH longer than necessary. Pretty much everyone was getting figitty by the end. One person was leaning across the table, another kept her head down half the time, one shook his leg nonstop for the last half hour or so. To my knowledge, I didn't portray any visual signs, but it went on for so long that I was ready to ScReAm! Normally, after the meetings, everyone stands around, eats ice cream cake, talks a bit, etc. Not Monday. Everyone took off. The GM even said something about that the following day - that everyone split as soon as it was over. Today, I looked in the freezer and there was the uncut, half melted/refrozen, cake.

On to the point of this post. That night, Ellen, Joe, and I were reading our scriptures. We were reading in The Book of Acts. Acts Ch. 20, Vs 9 reads, "And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep; and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead." I cracked up. They looked at me like I was crazy. I told them that is about how we felt at the meeting. Most of it needed to be said, but it could have been done either not all at once, a shorter version of some things, or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger AttemptingthePath said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! that's amazing

9:51 AM  
Blogger Thrasius said...

I loved the story about reading from Acts.
I just read a ton of your blog and I really apppreciate it. I have always just assumed that all people in the church dealing with SSA are guys, simply because I am one. So, it was awesome to be reminded that this problem is not exclusive to my gender. I can really sympathize with what you have been going through and I praise you for your courage.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home