Sunday, August 05, 2007

Today's meeting with the Bishop

I don't think the meeting with my Bishop could have
gone any better. It was awesome. He was awesome. He
had already read the recent pamphlet from the First
Presidency. When I thanked him for reading it, he said
that it was sent to all the Bishops and that it was
"part of his job" to read it. He said that we would
work through it together. He told me that I would
receive great blessings for coming to him. He told me
that he (and Heavenly Father) were proud of me for my
righteous desires. He asked if I ever wanted to have a
priesthood holder as my partner and to go through the
process of dating, courtship, and marrying. When I told
him that that is my ultimate goal, he said that he was
very hopeful for my situation. I felt the spirit
strongly during the visit. There is a psychologist in
our stake that he recommended I see. Shee will
supposedly be able to help me with my past abuse
issues, SSA, and other issues that I haven't discussed
here...yet. It was a great experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger -L- said...

Go you. I was really glad to read this. :-)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Keep counseling with him--even when things are going well. He has priesthood keys that can help you through the bumps that will inevitably appear as you try to realign your life.

I wish you the best in your counseling endeavors. :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Latter-gay-saint said...

Thanks L! Thanks Sam, I agree with you. He said that he wants to meet with me every week, or 10 days at the most. He also told me that there would be times that I would be tempted to not talk to him.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home