Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Birthday

I had a great birthday. I went to Desoto Caverns with my Mom, Ellen, and Joe. On the website, it shows a rock climbing wall, paddle boats, and lots of fun things like that. It wasn't anything like what we thought, but it was still a LOT of fun. The first thing we did was go on the 1 hour cave tour. They had an interesting light show. It was supposed to be the Creation....like I said, it ws interesting. The rest of the tour was cool. I took a few pictures and unlike previous times of taking pictures inside a cave, they actually turned out well. After the tour, we went in the giftshop and I bought a sharktooth necklace, and Ellen bought me a purple heart worry stone. We then headed outside to start the attractions.

First up, the rock climbing wall. The wall was 6' high and probably about 200' wide. Instead of going up, you go sideways. Needless to say, we didn't rock climb. We did pan for gems though. They give you a scoop full of sand and there are gems hidden in it. This too was geared toward kids, but it was actually fun. We found lots of pretty rocks.....I mean gems. Then, Joe and I did the crystal find. That was awesome. It was basically a big sand box, but we found a lot of huge crystals. We then decided to do the paddle boats, so off we went in search of the river. We couldn't find it, so finally I asked. The employee then directed us over to what seemed to be an above ground pool. Ummmm, yeah. I don't think we could even FIT in the paddle boats. So, we went on in search of something else. We found toilet bowl races. It was hilarious. Ellen, Joe, and I rode around on these motorized toilets, while my mom took pictures. It basically looked like a toilet bowl with handle bars. One handle had a lever for you to pull to make it go. We rode around and around the track. I don't know if the employees forgot about us, or if you are just allowed to ride that one for a long time, but it went so long that we stopped before they told us our time was up. We almost decided to ride the go-carts, but we decided it was too much work. Why? because they were PEDDLE go-carts. If it wasn't so hot, we probably would have done it. It did look like fun. Then, on to the hamster wheel. Two people sit on each side facing each other, for a total of 4. That would have been perfect except Ellen didn't want to ride, so an employee rode with us. It is basically like swinging. You have to lean forward when you are going up and back when you are going down. The difference, is that you actually go upside down. That was way cool.....until I thought I was going to throw up. Then, we moved on to Wacky Water Golf....aka... putt putt. It was only 9 holes and to look at it, one would think they would be done in about 10 minutes. Oh no, not the way it happened. I soon understood why it was named Wacky Water Golf. On every hole, there are ways for the ball to go in the water, which of course is moving down stream. So, when one person would hit it in the water, two other people would race down a couple holes to catch the ball. It was great. Another good point.....I WON!! They probably let me win though because it was my birthday. We finally finished the putt putt and we only had one attraction ticket left. So, I used it to play basketball. There were about 10 hoops and each one had its own little obstacle that I had to go around. While I shot hoops, the others chased a lizard. Poor little guy. Finally, we went back in the gift shop and my mom bought me a wooden photo album, with an elephant carved on the front. It looks really awesome.

Then, we headed back into town. We stopped at Subway and got some sandwiches, then headed to my grandmother's house for cake and ice cream. MMMMmmmmm, it was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home