Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I've decided to meet with the Bishop

I'm finally going to talk to the Bishop. I have an appointment with him on Sunday. I'm finally going to tell him about my struggles. I'm a bit worried about what is going to happen. But, I'm going to do it. I called the Bishop yesterday and tried to set up an appointment for Thursday. The only thing he had open was about 25 minutes. I told him that it might take a while, so he set it up for Sunday. What's so weird is that I feel less connected with this Bishop than the ones in the past, so I find it odd that I feel like I'd be able to talk to him. I wonder if that's part of why I feel like I can. Perhaps it's because I was too worried about what the others would think of me. One of my previous bishops came to me one day and said, "You know, at least a dozen people in and out of the church have asked if you and ____ are a couple. The first few, I just looked flabbergasted and told them that that was preposterous. But, now that so many people have asked, I've started just telling them to ask you themselves." I could have used that opportunity to talk to him, but he was no longer my Bishop when he said that. I had another opportunity to talk to the next Bishop when he and I discussed my difficulty with dating men. At that point, he thought it was all in relation to my past abuse. He and I were working together on me being willing and able to date. I also could have talked to him when I became pregnant by artificial insemination. He was excited for me. Then, the other Bishop brought to his attention something in the Bishop's handbook that says single sisters are not supposed to do that and that I could face disciplinary action if I ever attempted again. (I miscarried.) There were many opportunities, but I never chose to take them. I hope I go through with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your going to meet with the Bishop and discuss "your problem" and you were not going to tell me about it? Don't you think it would have been nice for me to know considering it's about me too? Thats really messed up and selfish. W#hat if i don't want to talk to the Bishop about it? what if I feel it's none of his business. Why do you have the right to out me just because you feel you need to out yourself ? And don't say it's not about me it's about you because you know darn well the discussion will include me. I am furious with you right now.~Ellen

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home