Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ward Christmas party

Our ward had a Christmas party last night. I invited my Mom. She said she'd think about it. Ellen told me Thursday night that she couldn't go because she had to work. My Mom ended up not coming because she didn't want to "be around the screaming kids all night". Joe was working too, so he couldn't come either.

I didn't really want to go either. I'm not in the Christmas spirit very much. I also haven't had a Friday night off in a long time and I thought it would be nice to sit at home and watch TV. We are in a new ward and I don't really know anyone. But, I went anyway. I walked in, looked around, hoping to see some of the YSA that I met at the Break the Fast a couple weeks ago. I didn't see any of them. I saw the daughter of my home teacher, so I went and talked to her for a couple minutes. Then, my visiting teaching companion came over and introduced herself. I got in line to get food and once I filled my plate, I looked around the room and couldn't find anyone to sit with. It felt really awkward, walking around the room a couple of times, trying to find a place to sit. Anyway, it was OK, but I don't know whether I'd do it again.

I do have good news though. My Mom has agreed, and actually offered, to go to church tomorrow. When I was talking to her about the Christmas party, she said she'd rather go to Church on Sunday. I just talked to her tonight and she is still planning on going. That's going to be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home