Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The beautiful woman

I had to book a birthday party at work the other day. It is something that I really don't like doing. For one thing, we only make a $3.50 profit per person. Also, they always seem to get screwed up. Then, the parents freak out and we end up loosing more than the $3.50 anyway. The kids are happy and don't even know that anything is wrong. The parents act like its a wedding or something and that the kids are going to be scarred for life if the movie starts at 1:15 instead of 1:00 (which they could know if they bothered to check the times). It's like they don't understand that we are a movie theater who happens to book birthday parties. They act like we are a birthday party business who happens to show movies. OK, anyway, back to my story. This woman came in a couple weeks ago and booked a party. I believe she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. She is the type of beautiful that even before I recognized I was SSA, I would have thought she was really beautiful and wanted to look like that. So, I was trying to fill out the contract and I literally got butterflys in my stomach and my heart fluttered every time she looked in my eyes. OK, contract signed, money received, she left. Whew! I decided to simply make sure someone else worked her party...no big deal. Then we started getting these calls from the ice cream place we cater from. Dr. ______'s office keeps calling and she's driving us nuts. So, I had to have some more dealings with her. She ended up cancelling the party and I was very relieved. They showed up anyway..... She kept talking to me. One of the kids in the party got lost so I had more dealings with her. I was very glad when the movie was over and they finally left.

I really hate that I feel these feelings that I don't invite. It's frustrating, aggravating, and irritating. I wish I could feel that way when I see a nice looking man. But for me, it's simply that, oh, he looks nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Book Dragon said...

I used to feel that way about beautiful women, too. Now I just let myself notice, let that be okay, and it never gets to that butterfly stage anymore. It's just a beautiful woman I find attractive and that's okay with me. My mind leaves it at that, therefore my body does, too.

Just my experience.
Kim

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home