Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's a blessing.........and a curse.

I have the gift of being able to see in my mind's eye what I read, when I read the scriptures. I was told this many years ago and have used it to help me study the scriptures on numerous occasions. However, I suppose I simply take it for granted now. I haven't thought about that gift in a while, although I utilize it every day. Today, during scripture study, we were reading about the crucifixion, and of course I started crying. How could one NOT cry while seeing their Savior die on a cross. So, Joe looks over at me and asks why I was crying. I just stared at him for a minute. Ellen said, "Because of the crucifixion." He said, "Well, yeah, I know. I mean I know you can see it and everything. You've told me before." I'm glad he brought that up because I am so used to it that I forget that it isn't something that just happens to everyone. Just another thing for which I am thankful.

And for those of you who watch Monk......yes, that's where my title came from. I LoVe that show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home