Monday, November 06, 2006

My decision to blog

I've decided to start blogging my journey. I have posted a blog on xanga.com for a while. However, when I direct my "real" friends there, I get comments from them like, but it doesn't say anything about you being gay or other major events in my life. I suppose that's because although I was posting real things from my life, I kept my xanga how I wanted people to see me.....someone with a good sense of humor, never depressed, completely active at church, heterosexual, the list can go on.
I'm determined to share the real me here so I can move forward and become the person I want to be..the person I know I can be.

3 Comments:

Blogger AttemptingthePath said...

Welcome to the queerosphere! i saw your comment on Samantha's blog, and I decided to stop by. I, too blog on xanga--that's where I have my straight blog.

anyway, I can't wait to read more!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you too!

There really are some advantages to taking down all the pretenses. I've gone over-board with that and had to back off though. For example, I never swear in real life and I'm very rarely snotty and sarcastically unkind when other people upset me. I, umm, have enjoyed being funny and really rude as anonymous -L-. But now I've realized that's no excuse and not the person I want to be, so I'm back to being good. No swears for me! ;-) Not that swearing is the most important issue, but it's an example of something that a little anonymous freedom can change about a person.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Loyalist (with defects) said...

Add my voice to the Welcome!

It does help and for the greater part people here are typically helpful and kind. it's a nice place to enjoy good company without leaving home or loosing your anonimity.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home